Kayaking tours in Greenland
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and cotton t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience. It is recommended to follow the equipment list although it is necessary to pack light as everything (equipment + food + tents) needs to fit the kayaks.
Boots and Clothing:
- Sturdy Hiking Boots – preferably waterproof with ankle support.
- 2* Long sleeve shirt + trousers (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- T-shirt (thermal underwear) – Wool or synthetic.
- Light wool or fleece sweater (2nd layer).
- Trousers – Strong and light material that dries quickly e.g. soft-shell.
- Jacket or an Anorak with a good hood – windproof, waterproof and breathable.
- Rain trousers – windproof, waterproof and breathable. Please note that full rain gear is mandatory on all our tours.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – Wool or synthetic.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Backpack for the hiking days. 25 – 40 L (1500 – 2500 cu in).
- Dry bags for your clothes and gear (All your gear has to be packed in smaller dry bags that can fit in the kayak 5 - 10 L, preferably in different colors).
- Sleeping bag – We recommend a 3 season sleeping bag (preferably down to -5C-10C).
- Towel – lightweight and packable.
- Sunglasses & sun protection.
- Water container – thermos flask or water bottle 0,5 – 1L.
- Change of clothes for wearing in the camp.
- Personal first aid kit – including blister care.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Good head net is necessary. Repellants is good to take.
- Puffy jacket (e.g. primaloft or down).
- Sun/rain hat or cap.
- Pen knife.
- Headlamp for reading and getting around the tent (if it gets dark).
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits.
The following equipment is provided/included in the price:
- Paddle, spray deck and poggies.
- Dry suit.
- Neoprene shoes.